Run Better Meetings
- Limit attendance. Include only decision makers and key implementers.
- Use an agenda. Give each topic a time limit. Ask your staff to help set the agenda so they'll know the meeting will be relevant.
- Make sure attendees know at the meeting's beginning the benefit of why they are in the meeting.
- Create a not-on-the agenda list of topics that will be tabled for after the meeting or for another meeting.
- Set immediate deadlines for carrying out all decisions that are made during the meeting.
If you follow these simple five tips you can prove to your team that meetings can be used to get things done!
You can learn more about how to host an effective meeting by reading the booklet, "Best Life: Tips for 2009."