Jenn Lim is the CEO Of Delivering Happiness, a company she and Tony Hsieh (the late CEO of Zappos.com) cofounded to create happier company cultures for a more profitable and sustainable approach to business.
Lim’s mission is to teach businesses how to create workplaces—led with happiness and humanity—that generate more profit, sustain all people at every level of the organizations, and share how we can make an impact by being true to our authentic selves.
It’s this mission that drove Lim to author her new book, Beyond Happiness, How Authentic Leaders Prioritize Purpose And People For Growth And Impact.
Describing her book, Lim says, “No matter what role you have at your organization, this life-changing guide will enable you to get to the core of who you are, live with purpose through the work you do every day, and spread that power to others in your business and beyond.”
Today, Lim shares these additional insights with us:
Question: What is "Beyond Happiness"?
Lim: “Beyond Happiness” is what we feel when we’re real and resilient enough to ask ourselves the hardest questions of our lives and understanding the authentic self in our work/life journeys.
· Results happen when people connect their sense of purpose to every aspect of their lives.
· Being real and resilience comes from embracing your highs and your lows, your strengths, and your blind spots/shadows. The more you know yourself, the more you’ll be able to grow your greenhouse as you grow others.
· Remember that the connection of your personal self to your business self – they are not two separate things.
do you do when the "pursuit of happiness" gets derailed in your life,
your work, and even your purpose?
· No matter what challenges you face, you can still find authentic happiness within.
· Spread happiness to the people on your team and then to your communities.
· Do your best to make a significant positive impact on the world.
Question: What's the path to moving “Beyond Happiness”?
Lim: Authentically change the world by prioritizing purpose, positivity, and people (Spoiler alert: it starts with YOU).
Thank you to the book's publisher for sending me an advance copy of the book.