Trillion Dollar Coach is about Bill Campbell, someone you likely never heard of, who coached several of the biggest names in Silicon Valley during a 16-year tenure, and who’s behind-the-scene wisdom helped created over a trillion dollars in market value.
- Value people and make people feel valued – Get to know your employees as people – with lives beyond work.
- Give people the room to debate – Strive for the best idea – starting with ensuring all ideas get heard. Sit back and let employees talk through options.
- Build an envelope of trust – Establish trust by asking questions, listening to the answers, and giving candid feedback. Set the bar high and push employees to exceed their self-expectations. Free employees to do their jobs and to make decisions. Know employees want to do well and believe that they will.
- Reinforce a “team-first” mindset – Seek opportunities to pair employees up on project or decisions. Peer relationships are critical, at all levels.
- Tap into the power of love – Care about your employees fiercely and genuinely. Invest in creating real, emotional bonds between people.