The Ground Rules For Meeting Behaviors
While recently reading C. Elliott Haverlack's new book, Unbundle It, I found his 11 ground rules for meeting behaviors to be particularly helpful:
- Arrive on time.
- Be respectful of other attendees.
- No phones or computers if at all possible.
- No leaving the meeting or getting up to walk around until scheduled breaks.
- No eating unless during working meal meetings (consuming beverages as appropriate is acceptable).
- No side conversations.
- Good posture.
- Listen intently (even if you don't want to).
- Ask questions at the appropriate time.
- No filibustering.
- Take notes.