Six Ways To Stimulate Your Creative Thinking
From the book, Leading With Strategic Thinking, by Aaron K. Olson and B. Keith Simerson here are the terrific six ways the authors suggest for stimulating your creative thinking:
- Engage in communities, conferences, or reading outside your typical area of expertise.
- Set aside time in your week that doesn't involve completing routine tasks.
- Visit places where you will encounter unfamiliar people, cultures, or ideas.
- Spend time with coworkers in your organization with different roles.
- Debate commonly held ideas or question assumptions about your work or business.
- Imagine a situation in which you (or your organization) could no longer work the same way -- what would you do?