Quick Brainstorming Activities
According to Brian Cole Miller in his book, Quick Brainstorming Activities For Busy Managers, there are 50 ways to improve your brainstorming at your company or in your organization.
My favorite is the Paper Swap brainstorming activity:
- A brainstorming technique where participants write their input on separate pieces of paper; then they swap papers and continue to add input.
For all brainstorming sessions, Miller reminds leaders that you should:
- Focus on quantity not quality
- Don't allow criticism
- Encourage wild ideas
- Combine ideas for more ideas
- Uses the participants' own language
- Is personal to the participants and not the organization
- Evokes responses with imagery