How To Be A More Creative Thinker
From the book, Leading With Strategic Thinking, by Aaron K. Olson and B. Keith Simerson, here are six ways the authors suggest for stimulating your creative thinking:
- Engage in communities, conferences, or reading outside your typical area of expertise.
- Set aside time in your week that doesn't involve completing routine tasks.
- Visit places where you will encounter unfamiliar people, cultures, or ideas.
- Spend time with coworkers in your organization with different roles.
- Debate commonly held ideas or question assumptions about your work or business.
- Imagine a situation in which you (or your organization) could no longer work the same way -- what would you do?