How Women Can Speak Up, Stand Out And Succeed
Judith Humphrey's book, Taking the Stage: How Women Can Speak Up, Stand Out, and Succeed, is based on a program that has been delivered to over 400,000 women worldwide.
Filled with practical and actionable advice, the book is ideal for women at all stages of their career and for the managers and executives committed to supporting and guiding these women on their leadership journeys.
"This book deals with the qualities and desires deep within all of us," says Humphrey. "It is our birthright to be heard. We were born with voices -- loud, penetrating voices - and there is absolutely no reason why women should feel obliged to surrender those voices in the face of obstacles," adds Humphrey.
Divided into four parts and covering 25 themes, this "handbook" for women teaches readers how to make the most of every opportunity by understanding how best to:
- Speak up confidently, even when others don't agree
- Convey your accomplishments without self-doubt
- Be assertive but not aggressive
- Deliver clear and convincing messages
- Move beyond "minimizing" language and apology
- Find your own powerful and authentic voice
- Achieve confident body language and a leadership presence
Humphrey is the founder of the Humphrey Group, a firm that teaches executives and leaders to influence and inspire their audiences. Her previous book is, Speaking as a Leader.