8-Point Plan For A Powerful Team
Take some quality time to read the book by C. Elliott Haverlack, Unbunde It, because it explores the issues you face as a leader with a twist that is different from many other leadership books. Throughout, the book offers suggestions on how to overcome the burden that complexity creates in our lives and businesses.
Most intriguing for me is Haverlack's straight-forward, unbundled insights on teams. "The healthiest teams trust each other," explains the author. "When we trust, we tend to be more transparent and are more likely to share the hurdles we need to leap. And, once trust becomes a competency, accountability comes much more easily." And, accountability is the key to delivering results.
Haverlack's eight-point plan for a powerful team is:
- Engage a group that shares your core values.
- Set aspirational yet achievable goals for the company and every individual.
- Create an environment that encourages and rewards trust.
- Empower every individual to create and achieve greatness.
- Persuade them to stretch.
- Love them when they fail.
- Create an environment that encourages and reward self-discipline.
- Have the courage to exit those from the team who do not fit.
- Tips for excellence in the email world
- Ground rules for meetings