7 Ways To Delight Your Customers -- New Book
If you want to delight your customers, then the new book by Steve Curtin, Delight Your Customers -- 7 Simple Ways to Raise Your Customer Service from Ordinary to Extraordinary, is a must-read for you and your employees.
Published just a few weeks ago, the book explains the seven ways for you and your employees to demonstrate exceptional customer service:
- Express genuine interest
- Offer sincere and specific compliments
- Share unique knowledge
- Convey authentic enthusiasm
- Use appropriate humor
- Provide pleasant surprises
- Delivery service heroics
- How much does it cost to express genuine interest in customers or to anticipate their needs?
- Does it cost more to display a sense of urgency or to pay attention to detail?
- Do you pay your employees more to smile, to make eye contact, or to add energy to their voices?
- Customers don't establish relationships with businesses. They establish relationships with the people inside the businesses.
- Offer personalized greetings
- Use names
- Practice assertive hospitality
- Ask questions
- Anticipate needs
- Remember preferences
- Pay attention to detail
- Display a sense of urgency
- Solicit feedback
- Offer personal farewells
- Follow up on service
Thanks to the book publisher, AMACOM, for sharing with me an advance copy of the book.