The Most Common Ways Leaders Use LinkedIn
According to market-research firm Lab42, top-level executives use LinkedIn the most for industry networking, while middle management individuals use the social network mostly for keeping in touch.
The more experienced professionals, versus entry-level professionals, use LinkedIn for:
- Demonstrating thought leadership and expertise
- Promoting their businesses
- Conducting market research
- Winning new business
A full recap of Lab42's findings (conducted in July 2011) are in the October issue of Entrepreneur magazine.
A few tips for leaders:
- Participate in LinkedIn groups that cater to your target market to engage in conversation.
- Seek out groups with lots of activity rather than lots of members.
- Open up your LinkedIn account
- Click on Profile
- Click on Edit Profile
- Click on Add Sections
- Add the names of organizations you support and fill in the spaces to designate where you volunteer