Have Your Customers Help You Write Your Strategic Plan
Brown once wrote in Smart Companies Thinking Bigger magazine, that you should “ask a group of current, former and potential customers the following questions:"
- If you’re a current or former customer, why did you start using us?
- What have we done in the past to make your biggest challenges more difficult?
- If you still use us, why do you continue to do so?
- If you don’t use us currently, what are some of the reasons why you don’t?
He explained that the answers to the questions will provide you valuable insight into:
- Your current strengths and weaknesses
- Opportunities to more successfully help your customers
- Potential challenges from not fully meeting customer expectations