10 Tips For Engaging Your Employees
Here are 10 tips for how to maximize employee involvement:
- Have active ways to listen to your employees.
- Check often with employees to see if the information you are sharing with them is what they need and what they want.
- Share information about customer satisfaction with employees.
- Discuss financial performance with your employees and be sure everyone understands the importance of profitability and how they can contribute to profitability.
- Allow ad hoc teams among employees to form to address organizational problems and work with those teams to tackle the identified issues.
- Encourage employees to make suggestions for improvement whether those ideas are large or small.
- Take an idea from one employee and share it with other employees and teams and let everyone make a contribution to build upon that idea.
- For long-term employees, find ways to keep their jobs interesting through new assignments and challenges.
- Conduct meetings around specific issues and brainstorm solutions.