How To Avoid Social Media Mistakes
In his new book, Social Marketology, Ric Dragon, CEO of DragonSearch, recommends business leaders and marketing team leaders follow these eight tips to avoid making social media mistakes:
- Avoid mixing the technologies used for the organization's social media with individuals' personal accounts.
- Ensure that employees both on and off the social media team receive training.
- Think before deleting or editing users' comments or posts. While making your decision, ask if your action might cause a backlash.
- Respond quickly.
- When a mistake is made, sincerely apologize.
- When appropriate, use humor.
- Have a policy in place.
- Have a top-responses document prepared to be used.
Ric Dragon on developing a brand voice and market segmentation strategy: