Southwest Airline's Core
I always look forward to my flights on Southwest Airlines. That's because I get to read Gary Kelly's (Chairman, President and CEO) monthly column in the airline's in-flight magazine.
This month, Kelly speaks to Southwest's Core, a core of values and company culture principles that leaders should emulate. Kelly explains:
- Southwest is a company of people.
- We hire great people who have a passion for serving others.
- We give them the freedom to be themselves and to take care of our customers.
- We treat our employees like family.
- We treat our customers like guests in our home.
- Our guiding principle is, above all else, The Golden Rule