- Build relationships
- Develop others
- Make decisions
- Take action
Here are some of the book's gems:
The breadth and depth of how leaders connect with people determine a leader's ability to influence, and the greater the influence, the greater the alignment and results. Leaders who effectively make those people connections:
- Have a style and a voice that fit their organization and enable them to form bonds with their followers and ignite their passion.
- Beget great followers. Leaders learn their people's objectives and guide them toward achieving their full potential.
- Address small conflicts to avoid larger ones later. They know intuitively when things do not seem right, and promptly hold the conversations required to fix them.
- Know that creativity cannot be forced. They enable creativity in the natural flow of business by providing the time, the space, and the conditions for people to be creative -- then they cultivate the fledgling sprouts of innovation.
- Celebrate their people. They are liberal with praise and realize that their personal success is rooted in their people's successes.