Part of delivering excellent customer service is saying "Thank You" to your customers and knowing when to say "Thank You".
Thomas and Applegate recommend telling your customers "Thank You" during at least these nine situations:
- When they do business with you...every time.
- When they compliment you (or your company)
- When they offer you comments or suggestions
- When they try one of your new products or services
- When they recommend you to a friend
- When they are patient...and even when they are not so patient
- When they help you to serve them better
- When they complain to you
- When they make you smile
- In writing (and don't underestimate the power of personal notes via snail mail)
- With a small, tasteful, appropriate gift