Here are some of my favorite pieces of advice from Ken Blanchard's and Garry Ridge's book, Helping People Win at Work:
- All good performance starts with clear goals.
- Continually planning and executing without the value of review and learning can blindside you.
- You don't want to save up feedback until somebody fails.
- It's amazing how much more you learn when you admit you don't know.
- If you can't measure something, you can't manage it.
- The key to developing people is to catch them doing something right.
- Whenever you attempt to influence someone else's beliefs, thinking, or behavior, you're engaging in leadership.
- A compelling vision tells people who they are, where they are going, and what will guide their journey.